Quality & Food safety is a priority at Danone Southern Africa
At Danone Southern Africa, it is our goal to be the Preferred Dairy Supplier for the Food and Beverage Market by satisfying our consumers’ and customers’ needs. In striving for this goal we recognise:
- Consumer and customer satisfaction as top priority for all employees.
- Food safety as the key obligation to our consumers and customers.
- Conforming to both statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Adequate communication with all employees with regards to quality and food safety as well as with customers and suppliers.
- Management commitment through management reviews and involvement in reaching objectives.
- The importance of our suppliers to meet our requirements. A Supplier Quality Assurance Program is in place to manage suppliers on a daily basis that includes Quality Audits, Food Safety Management and Supplier Evaluation.
We will achieve our goal through the continuous improvement of the following objectives:
- Quality & Food Safety systems
- Reduction of Consumer Complaints
Danone External Audits:
Food Safety Indicator Audit which cover:
- Control Plan
- Monitoring Plan
Pre-requisite program Audit which covers:
- Operational practices
- Pest Control
- Preventative Maintenance
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Personal Hygiene
- Weekly Internal GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Audits
- Danone Southern Africa is ISO 9001: 2008 certified